Your Cart Is Empty!
Thursday, 21 June 2018
9 health benefits of Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12, also known as cobalamin, is an essential vitamin that your body needs but cannot produce. It has many roles in the body. To name a few, it supports the normal function of your nerve cells, is needed for red blood cell formation and DNA synthesis. It also has been credited with boosting your energy, improving your memory and helping prevent heart disease.
1. Helps With Red Blood Cell Formation and Anemia Prevention
2. May Prevent Major Birth Defects
Adequate vitamin B12 levels are crucial for a healthy pregnancy.
3. May Support Bone Health and Prevent Osteoporosis
4. May Reduce Your Risk of Macular Degeneration
Macular degeneration is an eye disease that mainly affects your central vision.
5. May Improve Mood and Symptoms of Depression
6. May Benefit Your Brain by Preventing the Loss of Neurons
Vitamin B12 deficiency has been associated with memory loss, especially in older adults.
7. May Give You an Energy Boost
All B vitamins play an important role in your body’s energy production, though they don’t necessarily provide energy themselves.
8. May Improve Heart Health by Decreasing Homocysteine
9. Supports Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails
Given vitamin B12’s role in cell production, adequate levels of this vitamin are needed to promote healthy hair, skin and nails.
Sona B Complex is a great source of the B vitamin range in one easy to swallow tablet.
Source: 9 Health Benefits of Vitamin B12, Based on Science Kaitlyn Berkheiser, RD, LDN June 14, 2018 for Healthline.com